Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is one of the most commonly used home remedy for many diseases. Apple Cider Vinegar is used in treating many diseases like constipation, cold and flu, sinusitis gout and arthritis and many more. ACV is taken is tonic by many people and it is being used since ages.
Let us learn few facts about this tonic –
How is Apple Cider Vinegar Prepared
ACV is a type of vinegar which is made from apples. Apples are first crushed so that juices is extracted. In the juice bacteria and yeast are added which ferment it to alcohol. Next the alcohol is fermented again by using bacteria which is used specially for creating acetic acid. The alcohol gets converted into malic and acetic acid.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Constipation Relief
Apple cider vinegar contains pectin which acts as natural fibers. Since fibers are good for constipation relief, taking ACV helps in relieving constipation. The recommended dosage is taking around 2 table spoons of ACV with 16 oz water thrice a day. Take it slowly. It can also be taken with some juice. If you find 2 table spoon to be too much or find it difficult to digest, start with 1 table spoon in 16 oz or 1 tea spoon in 8 oz and then can gradually increase the amount.
Usually raw ACV is preferred over pasteurized ACV since pasteurization kill useful enzymes which are more helpful to the body. You can also squeeze lemon juice to increase the flavor and increase the taste.
ACV is a real good remedy for constipation and it is also useful in other diseases like sinus problem relief, cold & flu, cholesterol and overall general health. There are some other excellent remedies for constipation which you can read at natural remedies for constipation.
Other Benefits and Uses of ACV?
ACV has been used since thousands of years for cleansing and other health benefits.
- Many people take supplements such as statins for lowering cholesterol and one of its side effects in constipation. ACV has a tendency to reduce cholesterol levels and body fat. Hence it is beneficial for the heart and overall health. Hence taking ACV will not only cure constipation but also lower cholesterol levels.
- It is also a great detoxification agent and cleans the kidneys and expels the toxic substances from the body.
- ACV is also beneficial for diabetes patients since it lowers blood sugar levels and also controls weight which is a risk factor for diabetes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is also excellent solution for sinus problems and if taken regularly prevents occurrence of sinus infections.
- ACV also helps in overcoming many allergies since it increases our resistance and immunity.
- Taking ACV for long term helps in keeping weight under control.
- Since ACV will detoxify you you will have more energy and alertness through out the day.
- Many people have reported that they have benefited in joint pains and arthritis also.
Combining natural remedies along with light regular exercises can go a long way to provide you relief in constipation.
How to Buy Apple Cider Vinegar
Although ACV is available in many stores but it is better to buy organic varieties. They have more beneficial effect compared to other options. Try to use unfiltered ACV since they will have all the proper nutrients and enzymes. You can buy Bragg brand ACV from Amazon since it is recommended most people who use ACV regularly and have tested various brands. Bragg ACV is available for $16.49 from Amazon for 1 Gallon and you can order them online easily.
Notes – If you suffer from acid reflux then you should start with very little quantity and continue only if you do not suffer from acidity problems.
Wash your mouth or if possible brush your teeth after taking so that teeth are saved from excess acidity.