Constipation during pregnancy is one problem which is quite common and many pregnant women tend to suffer from this. If you ask This problem is so common that around 70% of pregnant women suffer from severe constipation during pregnancy at some or other stage of pregnancy. There are multiple reasons for increased occurrence of constipation during pregnancy including hormones which are generated in different quantities during pregnancy. You can read reasons for constipation during pregnancy which explains the various reasons behind constipation during pregnancy.
During pregnancy many drugs are forbidden as they can harm to the baby or the mother therefore doctors are reluctant to offer prescription drugs. However there can be various remedies which can be effective and useful remedies for constipation during pregnancy.
Let us look at some of the constipation during pregnancy remedies.
1. Amla -Amla is a herbal remedy for constipation which can be taken by pregnant ladies also. Amla provides many nutrition which are are helpful not only during pregnancy but also during normal health condition. It also reduces dependency on iron supplements which cause constipation. More information on Amla can be found at Amla as solution for constipation during pregnancy.
2. Yoga – Yoga has many benefits including increasing flexibility, strength and mental peace. There are many yoga poses which are beneficial of pregnant ladies. For example Baddhakonasana (Restrained Angle Pose) helps you to have easier time during delivery. Now a days there are many prenatal yoga classes which are designed for pregnant women. For constipation there are many poses and one of the poses is Vajrasana which you can practice after the meals everyday. This is easy and can be practice very easily at home.
Apart from the physical effects one more reason to practice yoga is it promotes peace of mind and helps reduce stress. When stress levels are less entire body is relaxed the chances of constipation reduce.
3. Acupressure – Another good and safe way to deal with constipation is through acupressure. There are specific points in the body which can be pressed for relief and it can be equally applicable for people in all conditions including pregnancy. When the relevant points for any disease or condition are pressed it triggers energy flow to various organs which help in healing the disease.
For constipation and improving the digestion one of the places to press are the calves in the legs which improve the working of the digestive organs. You can also press the inner sides of the elbows. In the previous point on Yoga we mentioned sitting in Vajrasana (Thunderbolt) pose which also presses these points.
There are other acupressure points for constipation which can also be pressed which exist from the throat to one inch below the navel. Each of these points can be pressed 3 to 5 minutes twice a day.
4. Eat More Natural Diets – If you want to have healthy body doctors would usually advice to include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. In the case of constipation also eating more fruits and vegetables will help you to avoid constipation problem.
Fruits and vegetables contain natural food fiber which help clear the bowels easily. They are also rich sources of minerals which fulfills nutrition needs of the body. As you would may aware that all doctors emphasize the need for taking fibers since they create bulk in the digestive tracts which help clean the bowels. You can eat apples, figs and guavas if you want to eat fruits specifically for constipation though other fruits like oranges and dried plums also have excellent capacity to clear the bowels.
5. Take More Water – Take lots of water and keep your fluid levels high. You can get rid of many problems when your body is replenished with water and the best part is it does not have any side effects. Have around 1 liter of slightly warm water in the morning after you get up from the bed. This will get your system moving and clean up the bowels easily. Drinking more water will keep the tissues and muscles from dehydrating, remove the toxins from the body and keep you healthier.
Another option you have to take enough water is to drink coconut water. Coconut water can be one of the safest fluids to take during pregnancy as it will help you to avoid pregnancy constipation. Coconut water also has additional benefits which include keeping the acidity under control and keeping the digestive tracts healthy.
Many pregnant women have benefited from the above advices and were able to pass one of the most difficult and important phase of their life more comfortably. Including some regular walking sessions along with the above tips will help you to avoid constipation and also have far less chances of constipation during the delivery of your child. So take some proactive steps, be happy and become ready to welcome your baby to the world.