Did you know that one of the reasons for constipation is presence of worms in your stomach? You may be surprised but this is true. There can be many varieties of worms which stay as parasites in our bodies which can cause many complications. There are many symptoms of parasites in human beings and constipation is one of them. Let us see what are the symptoms of parasites and worms in our bodies and what are some natural remedies for parasites in humans.
How do we get infected with Parasites and Worms?
Parasites can enter our bodies through food or water. If fruits and vegetables are are not washed properly and they have the eggs of the worms on them, they can enter the human body when these fruits and vegetables are eaten in raw form. Usually the eggs can be carried by the wind in the fields and they can stick to the plants, fruits and the vegetables. Similarly parasitic eggs can also be present in the animal meat. If the meat is not cooked properly they can easily enter our bodies. Another way the parasites enter our bodies is through the pets.
Children are more vulnerable since many times they tend to eat thing which are lying on the ground. Some kids also eat mud or chalk and they can get infected with worms very easily.
Once these eggs enter our bodies they get nutrition from our body and start growing. They can complete their life cycle in the human body. Worm lay thousands and some of them millions of eggs and they can make us sick and weak.
If there are cuts in the body and it comes in touch with larva infected soil the worms can reach our intestines through the blood.
There can be various types of parasites including tape worm, ring worm and hook worm and they stay mostly in the intestines.
Here are some of the symptoms of intestinal parasites.
- Bloated Stomach
- Stomach Pain
- Bed Wetting
- Blood in the Stool
- Anemia and weakness
- Skin Diseases
Why Do Parasites Cause Constipation?
Since this site is more focused on constipation and the various solution let us try to understand why parasites cause constipation.
- Parasites can block the intestines and hence make the movement of stool difficult.
- Some parasites infect the bile duct due to which proper juices are not produced which can cause indigestion and constipation.
- Parasites also cause problems in the central nervous system which can decrease the sensitivity of the intestine and hence cause the peristaltic movements to stop or become very lethargic.
- Parasites can stick to the intestines and increase the load on the intestine therefore stops the intestinal movements from being strong enough to move the feces easily.
Two of the good remedies for constipation is Papaya and coconut.
- Papaya contain papain enzyme which can digest protein and it kills the worms. So take unripe papaya juice daily.
- Take grated coconut with castor oil. This will eliminate the worms. Take castor oil in the night before bed time. To increase the efficiency take it with grounded flax seeds.
- Castor oil and papaya are also good treatments for constipation hence you get double the benefits.
- Take 2 garlic cloves with water in the morning. Garlic kills many parasites such as hook worms.
- For prevention wash all the vegetables and fruits thoroughly and boil the meat products properly.
- Avoid sweet food as the increase the worms.