Constipation is a condition where in you would find that the stool movement is very slow or not happening, causing problems in health. When we eat, the food is pushed to the stomach from where it goes to the intestines so that nutrients can be absorbed and the waste material eliminated from the body. Before you know what would be best constipation advice let us try to understand the basics.
To eliminate the waste in form of stool, there is a constant contraction and expansion in the intestine which is know as peristaltic movement. Using the peristaltic movement, the waste material is pushed towards the colon from where it is eliminated.
Normally stool elimination should take place once a day. If the waste material is too hard, which may occur due to several reasons, or the peristaltic movement is weak you start having constipation. Hence it is important to ensure that your peristaltic movements are healthy and you eat a balanced diet which is easier for the body to digest and eliminate.
What are the causes of Constipation?
- Insufficient intake of water.
- Lack of exercise or inactive lifestyle.
- In case of fever or many other diseases or ailments you can end up constipated.
- Some medicines can also cause constipation. Medication with Calcium, Aluminum and Iron in them causes constipation.
- Some common pain relievers also cause constipation.
- Not eating a well balanced and including food which are more difficult to digest like meat products can also result in constipation.
- Postponing having a bowel movement. This usually happens when one is too busy and keeps putting off in having a bowel movement or it maybe due to another reason like unfamiliar surroundings.
- Many ladies face constipation during pregnancy due to hormonal changes and changes in physical condition.
Symptoms of Constipation
Symptoms of constipation may vary from one person to another but usually most common symptom to look out for is difficulty in bowel movements on regular basis.
Here are the common symptoms to look out for :
- Not having bowel movements everyday.
- Hard and dry stool
- Difficulty in passing stool
- Less quantity of stool
- Bloated stomach
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
Effects of Constipation
- Lack of energy and appetite.
- Sores and ulcers in the mouth
- Piles and Fissures
- Aggravation of Hernia and Hydrocele
- Accumulation of toxins in the body.
- Bad smelling stool and diseases of the intestine.
Cures for Constipation
In case you are facing chronic constipation it is good to consult a doctor, though in this website you will also find material which are really help in understanding various you Constipation Cure options which has benefited thousands of people.
As a rule of thumb the remedy for constipation includes mainly using lot of water, including more fiber, avoiding too much of refined food and also some exercises and some traditional medicines apart from laxatives(both natural laxatives and medicated laxatives) and including exercises which will help in relieving constipation.
To overcome constipation you should first try to understand the causes of the problem and what are the actions you can undertake to overcome the problem. As they say knowledge is powerful. So arm yourself with the right knowledge and get ready to eliminate the problem of constipation.