Babies who are just around 7 to 8 weeks old can also suffer from constipation, bloated stomach and gas. If your baby is also suffering from constipation don’t worry there are some good and effective baby constipation home remedies which can provide relief to your baby. We have noticed that baby constipation is not a uncommon problem but there are many good solutions for this problem.
These home remedies for constipation are also safe and has been tried by many mothers who are troubled by constipation in their babies. If you baby suffers from constipation quite frequently you can try these remedies at home and you will be able to avoid constipation in babies for most part.
Usually small babies feed on mother’s milk and sometimes if mothers have food which can cause constipation those ingredients can also be passed onto the babies and they can also suffer from constipation. Many times mothers introduce external baby food too early and that can also cause baby constipation.
Reasons and Remedies for Constipation in Babies
When babies suffer from constipation it can cause them pain in the abdomen, subside their hunger and they refuse to eat or feed. When the constipation lasts for too long, the stool can get hardened and it can hurt their colon, rectum and anus.
Babies have very soft bodies and digestive organs and it may become difficult to administer laxatives which are suitable for adults hence we should try constipation remedies for babies which are gentle for the babies and also provide them relief.
Effective Baby Constipation Home Remedies
1. Prune Juice – Prune juice is highly effective juice which relieves constipation. But for babies it should be diluted. You should put one to two teaspoon in a glass of water and then give quarter to half a glass depending on the age of your baby.
2. Apple Juice – Apple juice can also provide good relief. You can give this juice directly or diluted it little bit. You may need to give it two to three times in a day. If baby can take external food then boil an apple in slow heat, mash it, add very little sugar and give it to your baby.
3. Orange Juice – Orange juice has also been found to be effective and you can take fresh juice and give it to baby.
4. Massage the Abdomen – Take little mustard oil and apply it on feet and hands. Now slowly massage the oil slowly on the abdomen in a circular motion. Now wash the abdomen with room temperature water. If you do this daily your baby will rarely suffer from constipation.
5. Suppository – You can also use suppository through the rectum. I have seen this to be very effective in many babies and they get almost instant relief.
The above natural remedies for baby constipation can be tried and your baby would find relief but in case your baby does not find relief even after these remedies then you should consult your doctor since that may indicate some serious problems also though at the onset it looks like simple case of constipation.
You can buy Prune juice or apple and prune juice from amazon using the following –