Papaya – A tropical fruit with found in abundance in many regions of the world, especially in Asia. Papaya can can be taken in raw stage where it can be treated as a vegetable and when it gets ripened it can be taken as a fruit also. When the papaya ripens it becomes sweet is a delicious fruit.
Papaya contains various enzymes which promote good health and help in curing various diseases also. Let us learn what are the various benefits of unripe and ripe papaya. Papaya is one of the best natural remedies for constipation available and it is delicious to eat.
Papaya contain flavonoids which reduce inflammations and useful in gout and other diseases of the joints and provides relief in gout.
Papaya contains an enzyme called papain which is helps in many diseases. Papain breaks down protein and helps in improving the digestion. It is a known fact that eating papaya helps relieve constipation. It also helps in relieving worms in the intestine by killing the worms.
Many times worms in the stomach take all the nutrients from the food we eat making us weak. Worms also cause blockage in the intestines and the colon and cause constipation. Hence eating papaya helps in tackling constipation in two ways – digesting the food in a better manner and helping in digestion and also killing the stomach and intestine worms which cause constipation.
For more relief eat papaya after the meals as it will also prevent abdomen pain and bloating and prevents build up of gas in the intestines. For IBS and constipation related to IBS take papaya regularly.
Here are some of the healing properties of papaya.
- Papaya leaves help in fulfilling blood platelet deficiency. In diseases such as dengue where blood platelets fall rapidly, take juice of papaya leaves everyday. Fore more information visit How to Increase Platelet Count Fast Without a Donor.
- As mentioned above it cures constipation.
- Increases strength by helping digest more protein.
- Since it contains anti oxidants it slows down aging and reduces cholesterol.
- Papaya skin when applied on the face makes it glow and shiny. For other wounds on the skin, applying papaya skin heals the wound faster. The pulp of raw papaya can be used as facial.
- Papaya reduces inflammation and hence helps in diseases of the joints such as gout and arthritis.
Simple Recipes with Raw or Unripe Papaya
Papaya Curry Recipe
- Take one raw papaya.
- Peel the skin and cut into inch cubes.
- Take two potatoes.
- Boil them together.
- Take a spoon of oil and heat it, add one tea spoon of Jeera and once Jeera seeds start coming to the top of the oil and add the boiled papaya and potato in it. Add one diced tomato. After two minutes add one teaspoon of Jeera and Dhaniya powder and salt to taste. Cook on low heat to 7 to 8 minutes. Add half teaspoon of Garam Masala and switch off the stove.
You can have this curry with Chapati or rice. This is tasty and healthy.
Ripe Mashed Papaya for Babies for Constipation
Take a ripe papaya and peel it. Dice into small pieces and mash it so that it is smooth.
You can also add sweet mangoes with it in mashed form.
This pulp can be given to babies which will keep them healthy and help them avoid constipation. Once babies get used to it they will love this papaya recipe.